With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Provides technical support to both product and process engineering activities as required under direction of engineering.
Position will be 2 days a week minimum during school year full time during summer months.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Collect, compile, and analyze technical data such as defect mapping, variable dimensional data, bellwether data, and process parameters on development and production part numbers and processes running in the plant.
* Correlate data for statistical analysis, graphing and database files. Format data into spreadsheets, control charts, graphs and diagrams to aid in analysis.
* Write issue and maintain manufacturing work instructions. Observe and document production process
* Other projects as assigned
* Supports engineering and operations initiatives including special projects and part tracking.
* Reports to Engineering Manager or senior Engineer.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Computer skills must include Word, Excel and Power Point.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* A minimum of 3 semesters in a technical college program is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.